Job Code: USCD02
Department: Clinical Development
Reports to: Director of Clinical Development
Location: Remote, USA
The Biostatistician collaborates with investigators on research projects with responsibility for analysis and presentation of project data. The Biostatistician assists in statistical design consultation and provides data management and data analysis, while also, contributing to the application of statistical methods to advance scientific goals of various projects.
- Collaborate with investigators and Sr. Biostatisticians to develop objectives, design sampling, randomization, and statistical analysis plans to achieve study objectives.
- Perform appropriate methodological procedures for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling.
- Collaborate with data managers and investigators to align statistical analysis plan with data collection procedures and forms.
- Perform sample size and power calculations, generates randomization schema, and prepares statistical sections for research protocols and manuscripts.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meeting with investigators and team that require statistical input.
- Design tables and statistical procedures for specific research studies.
- Assist with writing statistical design, methods, and analysis for manuscripts and research proposals.
- Analyze data and prepare tables for interim and final reports.
- Prepare written reports of statistical analyses.
- Apply new statistical methodologies.
- Ensure data integrity and compliance with security policies governed by HIPAA and the Johns Hopkins IRB.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or related quantitative field.
- One (1) year related experience.
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of Stata, SAS, or R (proficiency with multiple statistical programs preferred).
- Experience in database software helpful.
- SAS programming proficiency (mastery preferred)
- R and R markdown programing proficiency (mastery preferred)
- STATA programming proficiency