Job Code: USLEG01
Position: Corporate Paralegal
Department: Legal and Compliance
Reports to: General Counsel
Location: California / West Coast
Connect Biopharma (Nasdaq: CNTB) is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from T cell-driven research. With operations and expertise in China, the United States and Australia and clinical development activities in those geographies as well as Europe, Connect Biopharma is building a rich pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
The paralegal is an integral member of our Legal and Compliance Department who works with other members of the department to provide legal assistance to support the Company’s legal and business needs. The paralegal needs to be confident, detail-oriented, highly motivated, can work collaboratively with the team and be capable of working autonomously. The paralegal must also be comfortable with, and skilled in, interacting with attorneys, investors and internal stakeholders. The primary responsibilities of the paralegal will be to assist the department in handling corporate governance, compliance and investor relationship matters.
- Support the Legal and Compliance Department in general corporate governance and compliance matters, including but not limited to, coordinating and managing external corporate attorneys, drafting and revising corporate documents including board minutes and resolutions, charter documents, powers of attorney and other similar documents, routing documents for signatures, archiving and maintaining executed contracts.
- Assist with drafting and revising of certain corporate documents using approved templates.
- Support submission of filings, collect and organize information, and conduct research as necessary to support the company’s compliance efforts, including compliance requirements imposed on U.S. public companies.
- Assist with resolving incoming inquiries from stakeholders and investors relating company policies and compliance procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and continued support of the corporate governance measures.
- Provide support to in-house attorneys for projects, as needed, under supervision.
- Handle miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to managing expense reports for attorneys and organizing department functions.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferrable in Law and related fields.
- At least 5 years of legal experience, preferably with at least 3 years of experience in international reputable law firms or established biopharmaceutical companies.
- Experience in handling listed company compliance and offshore entities’ corporate governance matters, including with respect to Cayman Islands and BVI entities.
- High proficiency in spoken and written in both English and Mandarin.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist the team in meeting demands on accelerated schedules.
- Superb attention to details with outstanding organizational, analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to proactively assume responsibility and consistently follow through on assignments.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Good team player with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Must have good judgment, discretion, and maturity to maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Microsoft Team, DocuSign, Zoom).