Job Code: USCORP03
Position: Global Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs (Executive Director / VP)
Department: Corporate Development
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Location: San Diego (Remote flexibility)
Connect Biopharma (Nasdaq: CNTB) is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from T cell-driven research. With operations and expertise in China, the United States and Australia and clinical development activities in those geographies as well as Europe, Connect Biopharma is building a rich pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
Connect is seeking an experienced professional to lead its emerging investor relations and corporate affairs function. Reporting to the CBO in this newly created role, the individual will develop the overall investor relations and corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution with all internal and external stakeholders, ensuring Connect’s external profile and investor base is enhanced. This individual will serve as one of the primary contacts with the investor community and with external stakeholders.
- Lead and build a high-performing investor relations and corporate affairs function that positions and ensures a clear understanding of Connect’s strategy, competitive position, operational performance, and value with target stakeholders in the investment, biopharmaceutical, scientific and patient advocacy group communities
- Serve as a primary point of contact with key internal and external stakeholders to build, develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with these stakeholders
- Develop deep insights of the current and desired investor base, of target and covering analysts, of the broader investment and target corporate affairs community and relevant competitor activity; effectively prepare Connect leadership /other internal stakeholders for interactions with these target stakeholders
- Organize, plan, attend and track company road shows, presentations, speaking engagements, investor conferences and relevant activities at scientific conferences.
- Own external investor communications, including corporate and investor sections of the website, corporate overview presentations and backgrounders, investor call materials (script, Q&A, messaging, earnings press releases, etc…).
- Work with FP&A to manage/update consensus estimates and understand drivers of analysts’ financial models.
- Own external corporate communications and shape an integrated communications plan in collaboration with finance, Corporate Development, clinical development, medical affairs, and regulatory affairs, to develop consistent messaging and flow across all external channels and platforms, including scientific publications and KOL events
- In partnership with legal, FP&A and regulatory functions be responsive to information needs in compliance with company policies and securities regulations
- Manage third party IR & Corporate Affairs vendors and resources
- Provide regular updates to senior leadership on progress against the IR & Corporate Affairs plan
- 10+ years of relevant experience in biotech / biopharma, with a clear understanding of relevant clinical development, financial and business processes
- 5+ years of IR/Corporate Communications experience at a public biotech/biopharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating and building relationships with analysts and portfolio managers, external stakeholder groups as well as senior leadership and Board of Directors
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate financial, scientific and clinical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organizational, time and project management skills, with clear proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proactive and able to exercise excellent independent decision-making, under tight timelines
- Ability to work in a geographical and culturally diverse environment.
- Previous biotech / biopharmaceutical experience in the immunology field a plus.
- BA/BS required
- Advanced degree in the life sciences or finance (MBA, CFA, MSc, PhD, MD or similar) a plus