Job Code: USFIN003
Position: GL Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: San Diego, CA (preferred) or within Southern California
Connect Biopharma Holdings Limited is a global clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients living with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from our T cell-driven research. With clinical development activities in the United States, China, Europe, and Australia, and operations in those geographies as well as Hong Kong, Connect Biopharma is building a rich global pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
The GL Senior Accountant will report to the Controller, with their primary responsibilities over the general ledger reporting for the US and other international subsidiaries. The GL Senior Accountant will be responsible for monthly close processes for specified subsidiaries, including preparing and recording journal entries for accruals and expenses, completing bank reconciliations, and general ledger account reconciliations. The GL Senior Accountant will also support the financial and management reporting process with reviewing and analyzing system and variance (e.g., trend analysis and budget vs. actual) reports.
This is an individual contributor position.
- Coordinate monthly close process for specified subsidiaries
- Prepare journal entries for accruals and expenses and month-end journal entries
- Prepare month-end bank statement reconciliations
- Perform month-end account trend analysis and budget vs. actual analysis
- Support external audit requests and assist internal process and controls compliance
- Support the Finance team with R&D contract master file and accruals
- Assist on ad-hoc finance and accounting processes
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or in Business Administration, with emphasis in Accounting
– Proficiency in Excel
– Technical knowledge in US GAAP
– Strong general ledger accounting skills (e.g., knowledge of general ledger and reconciliation process between general ledger and subledgers)
– Experience in month-end and year-end close processes, GL account reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, bank reconciliations, and payroll
– Financial literacy in financial statements and analysis
– Familiarity with ERP systems
Oracle NetSuite, technical knowledge in IFRS, experience in biopharmaceutical or life sciences industry, and experience in internal control processes and controls
– Ability to handle ambiguity and work effectively in an emerging or start-up company environment
– Ability to communicate status and issues
– Flexibility to work in cross-functional teams with team members in other geographies and time zones (mainly Pacific time and China time)
– Ability to engage in process improvement and implementation activities
– Practices diligence and detail-oriented work ethics
– Excellent time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and associated deadlines.