Job Code: USHR02
Position: HR Generalist/ HR Business Partner (US)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior HR Manager
Location: San Diego
Connect Biopharma (Nasdaq: CNTB) is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from T cell-driven research. With operations and expertise in China, the United States and Australia and clinical development activities in those geographies as well as Europe, Connect Biopharma is building a rich pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
We are seeking a motivated, self-starter for a HR Generalist/ HR Business Partner position in our company to perform routine tasks required to administer and assist in the execution of human resource programs. The ideal candidate will have solid HR knowledge, be detail-oriented, a problem solver and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The HR Generalist/HR Business Partner will report to the Senior HR Manager and provide support with a range of HR related processes, procedures, and policies.
- Assists with the scheduling of candidate interviews and collection of interview assessment evaluations.
- Update job postings on Career Site, as needed.
- Support the new hire and onboarding process while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide support for health and safety initiatives.
- Ensure ESOP plan is executed according to company SOPs, issuing grant letters to eligible employees and inputting data onto company stock trading platform.
- Manage vendor invoices from receipt through approval for payment in the company’s Accounting/Finance system and work with Accounting to ensure invoice payments are paid on time
- Filing and maintenance of employee files in Sharepoint
- Assist with the set up internal meetings and document meeting discussions, if needed.
- Ensure adherence to HR policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law, corporate guidelines, and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Work with the Senior HR Manager to implement new programs, systems, and processes.
- Analyze various HR metrics and identify trends with suggestions for improvement.
- Foster positive relationships across departments
- Assist Senior HR Manager with administrative duties and processes.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Occasional local (within US) travel may be required.
- Willing to work occasional late evenings and early mornings and willing to attend occasional meetings outside standard business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required (in Human Resources or related field is preferred)
- Four years of HR experience (minimum two years’ experience within the biotech/life sciences industry preferred)
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain positive working relationships to effectively interface at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent communicator with business acumen and the ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines.
- Excellent writing, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable executing on multiple projects independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Effective team player and partner, and demonstration of an immediate sense of urgency, as well as flexibility
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP, a plus
- Computer literate, with proficiency level experience with MS Office and Sharepoint a plus
- Self-directed, proactive, and able to work independently from a home-based office