Job Code: USCD07
Position: Human Resource Manager/Business Partner
Department: G & A
Reports to: CEO/CBO
Location: San Diego/Bay Area, California
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Connect Biopharma is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded by a team with broad knowledge of the drug discovery industry and expertise in targeting immunological pathways. We are looking for Human Resources Manager to provide professional level support for all Human Resources functions for the company in the areas of employment, benefits administration, compensation, policies and events. We are looking for a person with hands on experience in a small company with a one person HR team.
- Support the employment process for the company. This includes scheduling interviews, managing background check process and on-boarding new hires.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Help to ensure compliance with federal, state, county, and city employment laws and regulations.
- Manage company benefits and ensure compliance. Perform discrimination testing, send out annual notices, and maintain detail reconciliation files.
- Work with employees to resolve benefits related issues.
- Conduct exit interviews as needed.
- Help to ensure that the company is in compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), employment, benefits, and wage-hour laws.
- Manage annual performance review process.
- Perform compensation analysis as need.
- Ensure that relevant Human Resources files, documentation, and communications are current, complete, and comply with applicable laws
- Keep current regarding competitive Human Resources practices.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Work with Human Resources in China.
- Human Resources generalist experience in all human resources functions.
- Experience in Onboarding/Offboarding and working with a Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Well versed in the Federal, State and local laws specifically California State Laws.
- Experience planning, developing, implementing and administering Human Resources programs in employment, compensation and benefits.
- 7-10 years of experience in the field of Human Resources.
BA in business, Human Resources, or related field.
Preferred Additional Skills (e.g., Computer):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate clear, concise communication, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to facilitate interactions and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be an asset.
Only local candidates will be considered as relocation is not offered for this position.