Job Code: USLEG02
Position: Legal Counsel – Contract Attorney
Department: Legal and Compliance
Reports to: General Counsel
Connect Biopharma (Nasdaq: CNTB) is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from T cell-driven research. With operations and expertise in China, the United States and Australia and clinical development activities in those geographies as well as Europe, Connect Biopharma is building a rich pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
We are seeking a seasoned contract attorney to join our team and provide support in our business, operational and licensing transactions, including, without limitation, clinical trials, research and development, supply, IT and other commercial transactions in the biopharmaceutical industry. We are seeking a motivated and collaborative life sciences attorney who is willing to be part of our fast-paced, international, dynamic and expanding company. The primary responsibilities of the attorney will include drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating business contracts and collaborate with other departments of the company to ensure that the company’s business is conducted accordingly.
- Independently draft, review, negotiate and finalize business and general agreements and other transaction documents, including confidentiality, licensing, joint venture consulting, supply, vendor, purchase, sales, collaboration, research and data-related agreements.
- Manage and ensure timely finalization of CRO and CMO contracts, clinical trial agreements as well as services agreements.
- Collaborate with and guide business teams on the use of contract templates, relevant legal issues, processes, and good contracting practices.
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with company stakeholders to effectively communicate issues and drive and deliver solutions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Company policies and support employment, business, and regulatory matters.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships across the company and contribute to cross-functional projects.
- Manage and complete any additional projects or legal matters as assigned and needed.
Education and Qualifications
- D. from an accredited law school and admission to CA state bar.
- 5+ years of legal experiences with at least 2 years of experiences in big law firms serving the life sciences or healthcare industries or established biopharmaceutical companies.
- Experience in contracting for a variety of business transactions.
- Working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, guidance and industry practices on intellectual property rights.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment leveraging internal and external resources to meet simultaneous deadlines/demands.
- Common sense and pragmatic business acumen.
- A strong team player who is both committed and flexible.
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively and advance the overall interests of the company.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and across the organization.