Job Code: USBI01
Position: VP of Biology
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: San Diego
Connect Biopharma (Nasdaq: CNTB) is a global, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases through the development of therapies derived from T cell-driven research. With operations and expertise in China, the United States and Australia and clinical development activities in those geographies as well as Europe, Connect Biopharma is building a rich pipeline of internally designed, wholly owned small molecules and antibodies targeting several aspects of T cell biology.
The VP of Biology is a key leadership role at Connect Biopharma. We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, experienced biologist with a strong background in immunology and a proven track record in drug discovery/product development in autoimmunity and inflammation. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and results-oriented leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Partners closely with senior management as well as peers to identify and achieve scientific and strategic goals.
- Leads all research activities at Connect and will lead the discovery team to identify, generate and/or deliver novel drug candidates for the treatment of wide range of autoimmune diseases and inflammation.
- Build and lead a team, as well as establish and lead collaborations with external partners.
- Lead the team to participate in translational studies for Connect’s drug candidates by working with Connect’s clinical development team.
- PhD or MD in Immunology, Cell Biology, or a related field with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/biotech industry is required.
- Understanding of Th1 autoimmune disease such inflammatory bowel diseases and Th2 diseases such as atopic dermatitis, asthma and allergy is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in investigation in the major disease pathways in the immune system, immune cell signaling and receptor biology is preferred.
- Track record of success as a scientific leader, as demonstrated by publications in top tier journals.
- Has a proven success record in R&D in autoimmune diseases and inflammation in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Has a deep understanding of the immune system at the cellular and molecular level, and good insight in mechanisms of action for major autoimmune diseases and inflammation will be a plus.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving abilities required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.